If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Friday 12 June 2009

Blackmail

(Email/facebook readers will need to visit the blog for the full effect)

I received an email this morning:
"How much to prevent the attached photo reaching your constituents/macc express/central office?"
Finally, I've been caught out. So here goes...

Yes, I let the party down, I let the constituents of Macclesfield West down, and most importantly I let myself down. I was hoping it wouldn't come out but if it's going to be public knowledge I may as well get my side of the story across.

I was tired, frustrated and concerned by the lack of mobile phone reception. Some say it's because I'm the Tin Man with no heart. Others suggest I was trying to impersonate Jaws. Some even use a word which suggests a phallus on one's skull.

In my defence, I am a serious politician - just not when I'm on Scout Camp...


(Probably the most disturbing thing is that the boys didn't find it half as funny as us leaders did.)

2 comments:

Heidi Reid said...

Cllr Beckford, foiled again...

Darryl Beckford said...

Very good!