If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Wednesday 3 June 2009

Art in shop windows

It's turning into a good week.

Hot on the heels of the Weston Playing fields is another project that's been bubbling for a while.

Back on the 6th March I wrote a list of things that I would like to do to brighten up the town centre, which included:
4) Get rid of closed shops. Easy said than done....although through a tip off from Eric, and some conversations with a council in Gloustershire, I'm going to try and get art displayed in the windows of otherwise closed up shops. At least it'll brighten the place up.
I then rabbited on about it on the radio a bit.

Well it's going to happen. I've been speaking to a couple of officers at the council about it since then and one of them told me today they're pushing ahead with it.

So watch this space. Or rather, watch that space - the ones on Mill Street.

No comments: