If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Thursday 27 November 2008

School Stuff

I'm a governor at Ivy Bank primary school - and this means that on top of loads of council papers I also get sent lots of guff about schools.

Most of it is guff of the highest quality, but I'm afraid that Cheshire let me down this week.

In the magazine they send to governors we got urged to setup parent forums or councils where they can come to discuss issues.

I'm not very keen on this idea to begin with, because we've got a good system already. We have PTA's, Govenors, and a good Head Teacher will always be available for a chat (I know that the one at Ivy Bank is).

But what angered me even more was being told that we would "Need to think about the impact of culture and...holding women-only meetings".

Rubbish.

The way I see things, the only places that should be women only are the ladies lav's and the changing room at Ann Summers. I call that discrimination and I think it's wrong.

No comments: