If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Friday 7 November 2008

...losing the dog.

I've had lots of people complaining about the story in the BBC last week about codes of conduct for pet owners:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7708411.stm


I'm sure I don't need to go into how disgusted I am with the Nanny State. Waste of money, have we nothing better to fix? etc. etc..


But perhaps I'm not in a position to comment. I managed to lose the dog in Bristol last week and got a stern telling off by the dog warden. Obviously I need to be told how to look after my dog ;-)


(In my defence it wasn't completely my fault - the dog had been left with a friend and fellow dog owner who had left both our dogs in the Garden. His gardener then came round left gate open, and a member of the public picked Mutley up on the road outside. The whole incident cost me £52 and a two hour drive to the dog pound.)

No comments: