If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Thursday 26 March 2009

Things are hotting up....

It's difficult to not to think about it now - next week Cheshire East council take control from MBC.

All the silly excuses I've been fed about not being able to give me information because I'm a shadow Councillor will be behind us (although I'm convinced there will be a new wheeze...)

It's been a busy few days for council activities. I visited Friends for Leisure yesterday who are a charity which operate from the community centre on Earlsway. I enjoyed this visit immensely - they summarise everything good about the 3rd sector and I look forward to working with them more in the future.

Had a chat to the 'Express in the afternoon who are looking to pull together lots of information for a special edition about the new council. I wonder if it will be as pro-labour as the election special? Will this be the last time we'll have quotes from Ken Edwards and Brendan Murphy? Times really are changing...

This morning we had our first informal meeting of the "Charter Trustees" of Macclesfield. Essentially this was to discuss the continuation of a mayor for Macclesfield - and it looks like there will need to be a bit more thinking yet.

Got upset with the Highways chaps who sent me an email at 4pm yesterday to say that they were digging up the road outside Kings School (which they started in the morning). In my view we could have thought about this a bit better - because it was taking people 20 minutes to get out of Sainsbury's at lunchtime due to the roundabout being snarled up.

Then there's the ongoing saga of the agreement for the town centre development. I seem to be making steady progress with this, although MBC don't seem to think so. Hopefully we'll get the Information Commissioner onto this and get to the bottom of what's going on.

And I've just finished my second walk of Ivy Lane to identify some troublesome manhole covers. Hopefully we'll be able to silence them....

Organising work around the two council meetings next week has been tricky, and now I need to put an agenda together for the Chief Exec's visit to our ward in a couple of weeks. Fun, fun, fun.

No comments: