If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Slick programming...

If you decide to have a countdown, or any piece of dynamic text that follows a number, you need to make sure that you correctly pluralise it where appropriate. We usually do this with some kind of inline conditional statement, such as an "immediate if".

I used to be a computer programmer, so sadly I know all about it.

Obviously we couldn't be bothered with all of that at Cheshire East, which is why our website now reads:

"1 Days until Cheshire East provide all your services".

Nice. Professional. Slick.

Update: Thought I should upload a screenshot because tomorrow all the fun will be gone:

1 comment:

G said...

I am going to amuse myself by leaving this comment, which will mean that below the original post on incorrect plurals / singulars will be the text "1 Comments"...

:-)