If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Monday 27 July 2009

Shame about the Weather

I know we all like to complain - but how much rain has there been over the last couple of weeks?

My newly landscaped flood-proof garden has flooded twice, although admittedly that's a huge improvement on what it was like before when the slightest shower would result in puddles lapping up the Conservatory door.

The real shame was the Peaks and Plains fun day and tug of war which was held at the Fermain youth centre on Sunday. For the 2nd week running I found myself sheltering in the Canalside boogie bus.

We were hoping it would be a good opportunity to do some more consulting on the playing fields, but regretably most of the time was spent huddling in a gazebo. The rain did ease off about half way through and the day looked almost pleasant at one point before it started throwing it down again.

Top marks to all the teams who took part. I was very impressed with the level of preparation and organisation especially with the association teams. Unfortunately it's a pastime that I don't really have the build for.