If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Monday 20 July 2009

Lucky for some, part 2?

After joking about my ward being numbered 13 last week, I proved that 13 is indeed unlucky by being struck on the head by a cricket ball whilst playing on Saturday. This left me with a lump all evening, a headache all weekend, and a graze for what looks to be like all week.

Just typical, when tonight I'm meeting the Chairman of the Party, Eric Pickles. You won't miss me Eric, I'm the chap that looks like he's just been in a fight.

I'd like to consider the whole episode attempted murder, but Dinesh is a good chap and the truth is that I wasn't paying sufficient attention. Perhaps that'll teach me.

The rest of the weekend was a lot better. The grand opening of the Toddlers play area was excellent. Superbly organised, lots of kids were in force, our new PCSO turned up, and we had no less than four Councillors in attendance.

The day was completed by music courtesy of the man himself, Nick Wright from Canalside FM (http://www.ccr-fm.co.uk). His presence was really appreciated and I'm delighted that he took the time to turn up with his boogie bus. As did most of the kids, who unsuprisingly kept requesting Micheal Jackson.

Unfortunately the day was rather cut short by the weather - although having the food and facepainting in the Community Centre meant it wasn't a complete washout. I managed to get out of doing any consultation on the playing fields. Not sure how I managed this, although perhaps they all felt sorry for me with my war wounds. I didn't see Marilyn without the clipboard in her hand once - top work.

Now it's time to read the agenda for the Council meeting in full. I've already commented on the boundary review, there's an interesting motion about town centre parking, and a few procedural matters. We'll also be voting on the coat of arms which I don't think has been changed since I posted about it here.