If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Try finding a space in Macc Town Centre

I was challenged at the end of last week to find a space to park in Macc town centre - after suggesting that we could do with a boost for our shops by making shoppers parking free.

So I popped into town at about 11am Saturday morning - the time I thought should be busiest. Lovely day it was as well.

And I didn't have any trouble finding a space:


In fact, I lost interest after I counted over 100 free spaces. That could mean 200 extra people toddling around the town's shops.

An excellent question was also raised with regards to lost revenue and how I think it could be replaced. I'm working on figures for that one at the moment, but am a bit delayed because, numpty that I am, I've locked myself out of the council IT system.

Will report back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"So I popped into town at about 11am Saturday morning - the time I thought should be busiest."

"And I didn't have any trouble finding a space:

[Photo]"

Pants on fire!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Whalley Heyes a non town centre car park. Churchill Way and the Heritage Centre were of course FULL.

Anonymous said...

Are the people who think Whalley Heyes is a 'non town centre car park' the same people who think Jordangate is too far out to walk to the shops?
Do these people actually know how to walk more than 6 steps at a time? Grow up, unless you are disabled there is NO excuse.