If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Tuesday 17 February 2009

Honest food, and honest shopping

There's a great new campaign being run by the party to improve labeling on the food that we buy:



I really support this. I'm a huge believer in ethical shopping - which doesn't mean you have to shop like a tree-hugger (unless you actually are a tree-hugger). It just means that where, how and when you shop should reflect what you believe in.

For example, I'm not too chuffed with the way Tesco treat other businesses. I'm not too chuffed with the way they build roundabouts, and I'm not too chuffed with the way they treated Hugh F-W. Therefore, I don't set foot inside Tesco's at all.

Every time you spend money it's a democractic decision - just like voting for the supplier and the producer. When every day becomes polling day, life is a lot more fun and a lot more fair.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP1I6v8e-Y4

Darryl Beckford said...

"If it's not hurting, it's not working".

Love it.

Anonymous said...

Yes protectionism is a great idea certainly better than clouting farmers and trying to make them export while the pound is on it's arse.

Darryl Beckford said...

Protectionism involves enforcement by trade rules and tariffs.

Promoting considered consumer choice does not come under this heading.