If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Thursday 28 August 2008

Checking the Flowerpot Junction for Lines

It's getting a bit daft now. All I'm after is a few white lines on the road, where they were supposed to be in the first place, and it almost seems an impossibility.

Work on the junction was completed in February, but we didn't get our right turn lane.

So I chase up Highways in April to find out what went wrong. They promised me lines in two to three months. I thought that seemed a bit slow considering they were supposed to be done in February, but understood the reasoning that they wanted to ensure any plans were safe.

When I checked at the end of June I was told it would now be early August. Now I'm being told it will be the end of August / beginning of September - but will definitely be done at the same time as the lines outside the College.

Last night I'm driving down Park Lane and I see the chappie painting lines outside the college. So I hop out the car to see if he's doing the flowerpot after.

Surprise, surprise, he doesn't know a thing about it.

If this goes on for much longer then I'll be up there with a tin of gloss....

1 comment:

Rich H said...

I like the way they have put the lines down now. Providing people turning right do actually use them as a guide then lots more traffic gets through than before.