If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Monday 18 August 2008

Thinking about the Funday

All pretty typical stuff.

The British organise an outdoor event. Thousands arrive. Rain starts. Rain doesn't stop.

A few weeks back I went to see Jools Holland at Arley Hall. It rained then as well, although not quite as much as it did on Saturday.

But what's really typical is that it didn't dampen anyone's enthusiasm. Once you're wet, you're wet - if you see what I mean - and you can get on with having fun.

I was devastated to hear the news that this may be the last year for the event. Considering the size and scale of the organisation, it doesn't cause much impact on the surrounding area. It's an event that Macclesfield, and Cheshire, should be proud of.

For that reason I'll be doing everything I can in the new Cheshire East Council to ensure that this event, and similar ones in neighboring boroughs, continue uninterrupted.

No comments: