If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Friday 11 September 2009

LAP - priorities

For whatever reason not even Councillors were getting sent agendas and minutes for the infamous LAP's. I have managed to get hold of a copy, and whilst all of the meetings so far have been closed to people other than those invited (of which I am not one), at least we can see what went on.

I must admit that I'm a little knocked off balance by the idea of a body, which isn't wholly elected, meeting in private to discuss important issues such as these. I thought that was why we elected a council.

My view is that if all the LAP's did was focus on anti-social behaviour then they'd be worth their weight in gold, but I'm told that there priorities are far more wide reaching (and yet strangely narrow when it comes to ASB):

* West Park anti social behaviour
* Crime in rural areas
* Facilities and support for young people
(external to education)
* Initiative to promote civic pride
* Killed and seriously injured statistics
* Macclesfield Town Centre redevelopment
* Engagement with businesses
* Worklessness