If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Sunday 20 September 2009

I'm back...

I've been on holiday for the last two weeks. The posts over the period were all written before I went away, so I'm sorry if they seemed a bit bland or non-topical. It's a bit tricky trying to write that much all in one go.

I'm back feeling refreshed and raring to go. It's going to be a very interesting Autumn for me and for Macclesfield. I have no idea how things are going to work out, but I know that the next twenty days are likely to provide some tough times. I made the decision to apply for a Parliamentary seat with my eyes open, but that doesn't mean that it's not going to be heavy going whatever the outcome.

I'm not exactly sure on the timetable from here. Although I'm one of the people that run the local association I have been excluded from all meetings recently because I am a potential candidate, which means that I only know what I've read in the papers.

Speaking of which...I normally turn to the letters page of the Macclesfield Express wondering what charge has been levelled at me or my colleagues this week. However last week it seems that there was a very interesting letter from Brendan Murphy which, unless I'm reading it through rose tinted specs, seems to be an endorsement.

Thanks Brendan.