If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Monday 22 December 2008

Cringe...

I've always been partial to a good hoppy ale, or a lightly oaked white burgandy. But I've never really been a big drinker - and specifically I've never woken up without remembering what I did the night before.

But yesterday I had that kind of sensation I've heard others talk about - when you know that you did something but you can't quite remember what it was.

Returning to bed with a cup of tea and a pile of reading, I opened Total Politics magazine to find a letter signed by myself.

Whoops.

I just about remember reading an article a couple of months ago and being so irritated by the comments from Benn junior that I fired off a quick missive. At first I couldn't bring myself to read the letter incase I'd written something daft.

Built up the courage in the end, and it wasn't too bad:
http://www.totalpolitics.com/magazine_detail.php?id=205


******************************************
Original article is here:
http://www.totalpolitics.com/magazine_detail.php?id=146

My first post:
http://darrylbeckford.blogspot.com/2008/11/reading-total-politics.html

A couple of the comments that got me were:

"I thought it would be fantastic experience, so I applied."

Great reason to want to me an MP. Some want to change the world...Benn just thought it would be a bit of a hoot.

"This is one thing that I think they need to sort out. Help the candidates."

Help yourself. This is the real world now, where you have to lead. If you can't build fundraising capacity, then you shouldn't be there. It's an integral part of the democractic process.

No comments: