If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Tuesday 14 October 2008

Flowerpot

Yes, yes. I know it's boring. And I know it's less important that feeding the starving (as my wife keeps telling me).

But I really really want the lines on that junction.

The latest gossip from my man on the inside is:
The works were programmed to be done the week commencing 22nd of September but because the clerk of works went off sick for several days that week with the complicated nature of some of the other lining works which were programmed to be done that day they were delayed.

When I spoke to the clerk of works last Friday he informed me that the lining crew and the machine to remove white lines was programmed for Tuesday 7 October-and as you will be aware it rained virtually all day and lining works cannot be carried out in the wet although we did succeed in having white lines removed at several locations because that operation is not whether dependent.

Therefore I have again chased up the clerk of work and he has assured me that the works are programmed for early next week hopefully Monday or Tuesday but again that is weather dependent.
Hmmm....we'll wait and see. It didn't rain yesterday, and there's no lines - so I'm not that hopeful.

Must really investigate if painting them on myself is going to get me a criminal record.

UPDATE: Just been out for a run and they're up there. Going out to a meeting now, so I'm hoping it'll be done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need some decent content on your blog

seriously

line on the road when there is a monumental credit crunch, looming recession and inflation figures out?

I think you are making a pretty good argument for binning the 3rd sector

Darryl Beckford said...

If only we had a strong 3rd sector that you could contemplate binning.

Did we need the inflation figures to know how much more we were paying for food, petrol and heating?

The water bills alone have gone up by 20% or something daft in the last couple of years. Well done OFWAT - discharged your duty well there.

Obvious downside is that it'll knock out any growth we do have and you know that pay rises won't be as forthcoming.

However there is one very small upside: When councils freeze their tax for the next few years a la George's plans - it means a much bigger real terms "reduction" for the tax payer.