If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Monday 11 May 2009

Steps & Tea.....but even then the best day yet?

Well, as it turned out I managed not to fall up anymore steps - however I did get home from Canalside and poured a mug of tea over the impossibly white rug in the Conservatory. Ho-hum.

Lots of scrubbing later...and I'm ready to fully report on a pretty eventful day.

I now have in my possession a copy of the agreement(s) between MBC, Wilson Boden and Barratt Developments. It looks to be about 400 pages in total - and whilst I'm desperate to put everything on hold and plough through it I'm conscious that there's a few things I need to get done (including the finishing touches for the new Macclesfield Conservatives Website which has gone live a little earlier than I expected, and I need to spell Lesley's name right!)

But the fact remains, getting hold of this agreement is a huge milestone for me. It's probably the biggest battle I've had to fight so far. I have to admit that I was strengthed by random phone calls from people suggesting that I didn't want to upset "them" and that I didn't know what I was getting involved in. Red rag to a bull...

It's not clear at the moment under what terms this has been released to me by the Council. I have requested it under the EIR legislation, which means that I should be free to publish anything about the agreement that I see fit. However, at some points in the process it was suggested that I would get is under Councillor's "right to know" which is more confidential. If that's the case then I will be continuing the fight for EIR as I think that's it's something that should be in the public domain.

I'm sure plenty to follow on this one...

2 comments:

Joe Bloggs said...

Well done for your tenacity, sir!

Heidi Reid said...

I'll be waiting with baited breath. Do tell if you can...