If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Wednesday 20 May 2009

Mobile phone mast - Flowerpot Junction

Just wanted to bring your attention to a planning appeal for application 08/1957P.

(Can be found by searching the planning portal on the Cheshire East website).

It was an application for a mobile phone transmitter at the flower pot junction which was rejected. Vodafone are appealing, as they have the right to do - but what really surprises me is that the application is to put a roadside cabinet and transmitter on publicly owned land.

I know that legislation gives them the right to do this, but I would have thought the given the circumstances there may have been scope for a little less bullying and a little more cooperation (given that I believe a more appropriate site was suggested to them).

Safe to say I won't be taking out a contract with Vodafone any time soon...

No comments: