If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Wednesday 24 September 2008

Warming globally

Top marks to the 'Express for keeping the discussion going when many others have failed.

The truth behind global warming is less than clear, and the attempts by many to stop discussion on the issue only retards and restricts our knowledge & ability to deal with the issue.

Lindy Brett of East Cheshire Green Party, who I'm sure means well, is dangerously misinformed. "Over 90% of scientists think it is caused by Human Activity" she says.

She's wrong. There's varying reports out there, but most surveys of climate scientists give a figure of between 50 and 75% that believe it is caused by human activity.

I certainly agree that this a majority, but it's not what I would call "overwhelming". If I told you that you had 75% chance of making it across the road safely, I don't think you'd chance your arm and cross.

No comments: