If you've arrived via a link and you want to see all the latest posts: Click here

Tuesday 20 October 2009

Alcohol awareness week

This week is alcohol awareness week.

I know that because I received a press release from our beloved media relations department telling me so.

They're trying to encourage everyone to pay attention to what they drink, and I'm thinking perhaps they should themselves as the press release contained this gem:

The Chief Medical Office’s guidelines on lower-risk drinking recommend that men do not consume more than 3-4 units – around two cans of larger – a day.
I can neither confirm nor deny if this was sent at around 3pm...the traditional time one returns from a long lunch.

In fairness, we all know how much we rely on spellcheckers these days and it's a killer when you manage a typo that's a word in its own right.

And I don't want to mock the Awareness Week either - as we should be paying more attention to what we drink. The Council are citing health and behaviour as reasons for doing this - in my case it's more about cutting out excess calories.